Mike had his first CT scan last Tuesday to see how his cancer was responding to his chemotherapy treatments. Mike and I have both been very anxious, scared, and nervous about today's results. It has kept me up many of nights, feeling very anxious. I was fighting back tears in the waiting room while we waited to be called in. Our legs were shaking and I'm sure both our faces had panic written all over them.
 |
| Mike during chemo |
After meeting with his oncologist we received
GOOD news! There was a decrease in the tumor on the tail of Mike's pancreas, decreased (no more) fluid in his stomach, no new growths of cancer or lesions in his stomach, his tumor markers are going down and his liver, gallbladder, spleen, glands, lymph nodes, and kidneys are all acting and look normal. Finally I felt like I could breathe. We both said before the appointment that we didn't think we could handle any more bad news. For me I felt a lot of relief. I was happy to hear things are working. After meeting with the doctor we went over to wait for him to be called in for his chemo treatment number 5. Mike's face looked like he was still feeling down. I asked him what was wrong and if he was happy with his results. His exact words were, "I guess so... but I still have cancer. Cancer is still ruining my life." It was hard to hear. Here I was so happy to finally hear that the chemo was working. On the other hand I felt like I was trying to coach him to understand we had gotten good news. Mike knows it was good news but he still just wishes the cancer could be all gone... we all do. However after meeting with his oncologist and him telling us that he was very optimistic that his treatments were working was everything I needed to hear right now. I feel a little recharged and hopeful. Sometimes it's hard to be hopeful when your facing a disease with horrible odds. Yes my husband still has cancer but he is fighting as hard as he can for his girls and I love him so much!
 |
| Mike's Fight |
 |
Purple for a Purpose!
Donate to Mike's Fight Click Here
Each Bravelet that is purchased through this site donates $10 to Mike's Fight. To purchase a Bravelet Click Here |
No comments:
Post a Comment