On Sunday October 26th Mike and I went to a
Purple Light Vigil. It was held at Veteran’s Park in Manchester, NH. Thanks to
our wedding photographer Rebecca Garone she shared the event with us! The
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Purple Light organized the event. We all
came together to celebrate survivors and honor loved ones lost to pancreatic
cancer. During the event, they read the names of both survivors who have
battled the disease and of loved ones we have lost too soon. Survivors, family
and friends illuminate purple glow sticks when the name of their loved one is
read.
When I was asked if we wanted them to read Mike’s name I said
I thought he had to be a survivor? He is currently battling the disease. They reassured
me that Mike IS a SURVIVOR. He is living with the disease and that makes him a
survivor. I was pretty touched by this. It made me view his disease in a whole
new light.
It was pretty powerful to see all of the people there that
have been affected by the disease. We can’t wait to go back next year and bring
our friends and family with us.
Donate to Mike's Fight
Click Here
Each Bravelet that is purchased through this site donates $10 to Mike's Fight.
To purchase a Bravelet Click Here
Donate to Mike's Fight
Click Here
Each Bravelet that is purchased through this site donates $10 to Mike's Fight.
To purchase a Bravelet Click Here

No comments:
Post a Comment