Thank you
For over a year now I have been publicly writing about my husbands battle with pancreatic cancer. I have shared every day struggles, weaknesses, victories, fears as well as plenty of raw emotions. I have done my best to share information about his disease, raise awareness, and make an impact on others who's lives that have been touched by cancer. I want to thank all the people who have reached out and continue to reach out and share how our story has touched their lives. It reassures me that what I have been doing has made an impact on the lives of many. I can't count how many times people have stopped to tell me how much it means that I share our story. Or they tell me how they read every blog post and cry along with us as they read it. I've even been stopped by complete strangers at Dana Farber who follow along and recognized me from our photos. The blog has been viewed over 45,000 times from people all over the US as well as other countries. I've received many messages from people all over who have found my blog and said it has helped them. All these messages have meant so much to me and I am glad I could help others. I've also been complemented on my writing countless times. I usually blush and quietly say thank you while looking at the ground. I didn't start this to win any writing awards or to exaggerate the truth to make things looks worse. I've been writing to share our story with so many family and friends who care for us. I've wanted people to see the real everyday struggles that people go through with cancer. I particularly wanted to share a young cancer patients journey who is facing an "old mans cancer". I wanted to share how it affects a young family who just started their lives together. How it affects a child and extended family and friends. When one person gets cancer the whole family gets cancer and I truly stand behind that. Thank you to all of those who have continued to celebrate our victories along with us and those who have helped brace us when we fall short.
We are just a few months shy of a 2 year battle since his diagnosis. The time has come that we have chosen to become more private with this journey. I feel as though my writing chapter has come to an end for now. I have chosen to step back from the spotlight and become more private. I will continue to update close family and friends on Mike's journey. However I have decided to do it in a more intimate and private setting. I also want to ensure that only those who genuinely care for Mike, Ava and myself have access to our private information.
If you see us out and about we please ask you to do your best to not pull me or Mike aside and ask how he's feeling or to tell me how good he looks. We get it every where we go and we're doing our very best to live life without cancer being the center of attention. Believe it or not it makes us feel worse. We so badly want to live normally and this is one way you can help us do so. Thank you
Again thank you for all of those who have continued to fight along side of us. Those who have supported us with donations, well wishes, fundraisers, help, meals, and so on. When facing a disease like cancer you eventually break down and know you need the support from those around you. Seeing all the support we have received over the last 20 months makes me very emotional. It goes to show us Mike and I's character and how much love surrounds us. Thank you! 💜
For now we fight on because that is all we know how to do.
To donate to Mike's Fight Click Here
No comments:
Post a Comment