Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Today Sucked

Today Mike had his rescheduled CT scan to see how his Canceras taking to the chemo. I woke up with a stiff neck and in a lot of pain. Like everyone else I shoveled all the snow off our back deck. I'm assuming that's what gave me the neck ache. Mike's scan was at Brigham and Women's. His appointment was scheduled for 3:45pm but we had to be there for 2:45pm. We left the house at 1:15pm to pick up his dad. We expected to be there super early but why would things go our way... Instead we got stuck in the gridlock on Boston. We were on Storrow for close to two hours. We were all frustrated but there was nothing we could do. Mike was about ready to give up and drive home. I begged him not to because I didn't want to have to come back again. After thinking we would be 40 minutes early we ended up being over an hour late. Mike forgot to take his meds this morning which he never forgets. He was having a lot of pain and discomfort. Lesson learned keep all meds on us in the future. The scan was at Brighams because that was the only place they had an opening after we cancelled the first time due to weather. We parked at Dana Farber and used the tunnels to get to Brigham and Women's. After searching the long hallways... up and down in the elevators and being sent in different directions we finally found it. We then dealt with some insurance coverage issues and registration hassles. I was convinced Mike was pushed past his limit and was going to leave. I was holding back tears from all the frustration. I kept telling myself not here not now... it could be worse. He ended up hanging in there... he drank the nasty contrast drink and had his scan. While he was in his scan his dad and I watched the news. They were showing images from the news helicopters that we were watching while we were stuck in traffic. Apparently all the snow piled up was to blame for the traffic. Things didn't look any better. We walked to a nearby food court and ate dinner before getting back on the road. 

The ride home wasn't too bad. We both couldn't wait to get home and crawl into bed. After the day's frustration I am glad it's over. The scanxity now sets in until next week when we get the results. Cancer you suck thanks for souring another day of our lives.


Donate to Mike's Fight
Click Here

Each Bravelet that is purchased through this site donates $10 to Mike's Fight.
To purchase a Bravelet Click Here





No comments:

Post a Comment