Mike's treatment number 8 which was two weeks ago went really well. He felt good, his mood was upbeat and positive. We finished some projects around the house, got together with friends, went on dates to the movies and out to dinner, and of course the Patriots won their first play off game! Woohoo Go Pats! We sold our tickets to the game but plan on going to the game this coming week depending on how he is feeling. It feels good to be living life a bit more lately. We did have some stomach flu scares with his daughter being really sick over the week with the nasty stomach bug. Some how Mike and I dodged that bullet which is good.
As you can imagine Mike (and me) both get anxiety the night before treatment. Once Mike starts to get anxious it quickly can spiral out of control. I try my best to distract him and myself from treatment day thoughts but it's easier said than done. They are such long days. Today marked treatment number 9. It's hard to believe it's been 5 months tomorrow since Mike was diagnosed. It has been the hardest and longest 5 months of our lives. He has come such a long way. He looks good and is feeling pretty good. However it's hard not to think about what the first doctor told us that he would have 10-12 months left. Its scary but we have to stay positive. He has made amazing progress. He's not going anywhere. He is a fighter. I love him so much.
Today when we were getting closer to Dana Farber my sister-in-law (she's an oncology nurse at DF) texted me to let me know there was a fire on the 1st floor at DF so the 2nd floor needed to be evacuated. The second floor is where you check in, wait for blood draws and there is a pharmacy. The fire backed things up a little bit but it did not end up being that bad.
We met with Mike's oncologist that appointment went well. Then he went to have his infusion. Mike did really well again at treatment. I attempted to crochet again but failed miserably! Mike's mom was with us too. Mike may have had a few too many doses of Ativan and was feeling rreeeaallll good! The social worker was meeting with us at that point and Mike has us all in hysterics. Oh it felt so good to laugh that hard and to see him smiling while he was getting treatment. Mike felt good and insisted on driving home. I wasn't feeling great. My vision was blurry and my head felt off. It was nice to have a break from driving. He felt proud that he concurred his goal of driving home from treatment. I was proud of him too! Once we got home he went up to bed. I hope he feels great this week too. He will be having another scan soon to track his progress. Fingers crossed that his scans positively correlate with his improved labs and how he has been feeling.
As for me I have still been battling my own chronic health symptoms. I am working with two doctors and am hoping some of their new strategies are getting somewhere. I am hopeful... I will be starting a thyroid medication as well as a homeopathic remedy that targets to treat the specific symptoms I have been suffering from. I have also tested positive for bacterial overgrowth in my small intestines. My doctor said it could be from diet or stress. It's obvious that both my stress levels and eating habits have been directly impacted over the past year. I am on a probiotic and medication to help fix my GI tract. I have also found out which types of foods I am sensitive to. I am trying to avoid those types of food. Ugh one thing after the next!
I am also looking for a part time job. Something that I could possibly do from home and that is flexible. If any one knows of anything please contact me. My email is slanza24@yahoo.com anything local is greatly appreciated.
Love these beautiful photos capturing Mike & I being silly. It's so us!
Also thank you to all of those who have been donating to Mike's Fight. It's still hard to believe how many generous people there are out there that love us and care for us. We have amazing friends and family that keep on giving. We couldn't do this without all of you. Thanks
Donate to Mike's Fight
Click Here
Here is our awareness video again for those of you who missed it
http://www.garonephotography.com/stephanie-and-mike-union-bluff-york-maine-part-one/
Each Bravelet that is purchased through this site donates $10 to Mike's Fight.
To purchase a Bravelet Click Here



No comments:
Post a Comment